Here are some kick ass writing prompts to prod the muse out of his temple and into action:
- The world is encased in winter and even the oceans freeze.
- A samurai falls into modern day New York.
- Dr. Jekyll was actually a vampire.
- Wind is created by a giant fan hung from the sky. The fan breaks down.
- When the earth floods, all humans move to the oceans to live.
- Your character finds a kitten in a cardboard box. The kitten turns out to be an alien.
- Frogs infect the local church and the town thinks the Apocalypse has come.
- The Apocalypse does come.
- An old woman writes letters to her younger self.
- A pair of ancient shoes are handed from generation to generation.
- Batteries can only be charged from a central unit in a main city.
- Video games are real.
- The colour yellow is banned to prevent inflammatory action.
- Phones become chips embedded under people’s skin. One is implanted without permission.
- Your character is part of a tribe who perform sun-dances, because it rains every day.